This postgraduate program in Public financial management is designed with a view of producing civil servants who are cost conscious, corruption free, and capable of generating funds and utilizing it optimally. The program aims at producing skilled personnel that can participate in policy decisions related to public sector financial management and the collection and utilization of the government financial resources.
The success of the reform programs in financial management heavily depends on building capacity of the civil servants who deal with the government and public finance. In order to revamp the whole system, the civil servants have to be molded. Therefore, an education and training program in the field of Public Financial Management has become inevitable.
Public Financial Management is a discipline that has recently been developed in the world. No educational institution in Ethiopia is offering this program at present. At the same time, such a program is a must to assist the Government of Ethiopia in implementing the Public Expenditure and Revenue Reforms.
Exit Level Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to :
- Effectively develop public projects and control their implementation
- Prepare financial plans for all governmental units
- Design a system to improve government expenditure management
- Conduct the necessary financial analysis and forecasts for all public sector organizations
- Manage the revenue mobilization of government from various sources
- Evaluate a public sector internal control and auditing system
- Negotiate in international financial agreements
- Undertake scientific inquiries in public financial management related issues
- Provide financial information for fiscal policy design
- Implement and evaluate the fiscal policy
- Provide financial consultancy services