The Master of Valuation and Property Development provides a wide range of skills that can be applied to global property markets. This program is designed to equip graduates with strong knowledge and advanced technical skills applicable to a variety of career paths such as investment, finance, asset management and research. The curriculum addresses a range of topics including finance and taxation, corporate portfolio management, risk identification and management, feasibility analysis, law, property valuation and market analysis. Each academic year is divided into two semesters. In the programme, special emphasis is given to core modules such as: Land administration management and land law, real property registration & LIS, land and real estate construction economics, real estate investment financing and business administration, municipal infrastructure and asset management, geospatial techniques for urban property valuation and asset management, real property valuation and taxation- theories and practices. In addition, modules on property valuation and taxation studio, quantity surveying studio and valuation practice and ethics proposal and related Presentations will be given in the Second Year First Semester; and Thesis Project during Second Year Second Semester. The program is set to be completed on a full time basis within a period of 24 months comprising of four semesters made up of 1 modules excluding internship and thesis. The total ECTS of the programme is 116.
Exit Level Outcomes
After the completion of the Masters of Sciences (MSc) Program in Property Valuation and Asset Management the Graduates will be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles of valuation and code of ethics.
- Estimate, forcast and determine the worth of property.
- Design and apply proper land & property valuation system and approaches.
- Understand the modern tools used for municipal Infrastructure & Asset Management
- Understand the condition of Real estate investment financing & business administration in developing countries.
- Explain the basic concepts & characteristics real property, apply the techniques of registering real property and employ different methods of cadastral surveying and its applications.
- Understand and apply principles and concepts of Geospatial technologies for urban property valuation and asset management.